The Chancellor has approved a furniture policy whereby SIU Carbondale will enjoy the benefits of guaranteed competitive pricing, established quality and excellent warranty from well known manufacturers.
Within this contract, the authorized furniture dealerships offer comprehensive, tailored customer and design service, as well as, free delivery. Since there are several categories and styles of furniture, the University will realize flexibility of choices offered by this contract. Vendors have been chosen for each furniture category, which will effectively set forth uniformity and consistency within our Campus. These vendors will be contacted for all furniture purchases, except when there is a need to match existing product. All requests for matching existing furniture must be approved by the Director of Procurement Services prior to meeting and configuring with a vendor who is not an awardee of the IPHEC Furniture Contract.
If the Director of Procurement Services determines that no exception will be made to the policy, the Fiscal Officer for that department or responsible area will be notified.
Benefits of the Contract
- Guarantees competitve pricing for 10 years
- Continuation and expansion of product lines
- Flexible selections and style of products to fulfill departmental needs
- Established quality and warranty from brand name manufacturers
- Local dealerships offering superior service (for example: design services, short-term storage, etc.)
- Participation in Illinois Public Higher Education Cooperative (IPHEC)
- Bidding process never required regardless of dollar amount of transaction
- P-Card limits temporarily increased to accomodate furniture acquisitions